Thursday, February 14, 2008

And now, the end is near...

So I face the final curtain....

Well pimps and hoes, my run has come to an end. Like I wrote in the first post about my laid-offness, I am not distraught about leaving. Like someone in an emotionally abusive relationship whose significant other doesn't love or care about them anymore and makes that blatantly clear, I deserve much better. Case in point, today is my 3rd anniversary and not one word was uttered (except for Katie, thanks! :)). While I realize tomorrow is my last day before being forced out, I did put in 3 years here and while a 'Congratulations' might not be in order, I think a 'thank you' is. But I suppose I expect nothing less.

I don't have much else to say regarding the subject except that I still believe everything happens for a reason. And with certain things coming to light recently I can say that I'm relieved to be freed from the corruption and dysfunction and every other 'tion' that takes place in this hole. So even though I'm leaving a tad bitter, I'm still holding on to the glimmer of hope that this is in fact a blessing in disguise.

All that being said and trying to focus on the positive, here are some things that I am looking forward to during my undetermined length of unemployment and/or things that will continue to put a smile on my face. (Will somebody just hire my talented ass already?)

1. Living Single marathons on the Oxygen Network. Overton, Kyle, Khadijah, Regine, Synclair, and Max - I love you all.
2. Coffee and Magazines at Barnes n Noble
3. The Food Network
4. Ellen Degeneres
5. That Charlie video in the post just before this one.
6. 2pm naps
7. My new bowling ball!
8. Bowling on Saturday nights and bowling with girls on Mondays.
9. Jack Daniels
10. This guy's voice

11. The return of all of my shows
12. Graham cracker cereal
13. And not having to sit in this ridiculous red chair suffocating in a huge vat of bullshit.

Adios Chris Klein, I can say with certainty that I won't miss you.

4 comments:

Diana Laurence said...

Hey Nicole, let me congratulate you on surviving the three years and a day...and best of luck finding a new and better place SWIFTLY!!!

nik von H said...

Thanks Mama Laurence! :)

Miss Organizized said...

You made it out alive!! Now it's just you and your new bowling ball...haha!!

Monica O'Neill said...

Hey - seems like you and Mandsi are singing the same tune, and I think that's great! You both are very positive, and in a weird way - I'm jealous! I wish I had severence and could just chill for a little bit. But the wheels keep on turning.
I'm only 2 days removed from Yellow Pages, but believe me - there is life after that. And it looks damn nice!!!!