Thursday, December 20, 2007

and Thursday's the new black hole

That's what my new blog name should be. I'm sitting here, in this uncomfortable, posture destroying red chair in this half decorated cube full of useless paperwork on Thursday, December 20th at 10:55am having an extremely difficult time believing that it's not in fact Friday.

This week has been crawling at the pace of a baby who just learned to roll over on it's back...so basically not really moving at all, except for what feels like back and forth. I'm assuming it's because after tomorrow I don't have to return to the clickity clack, shuffly paper cut workday until January 2nd. I think Z put it best when she said "2007 is trying to see how much we can take before we really lose it." I'm completely worn out from this year, it's taken a lot out of my will to live and unfortunately it's showing it's ugly face here at work. I have no motivation to do anything the rest of this work week and it's taking every ounce of energy I have left not to go apeshit and start flipping over tables and chairs out of frustration.

There was one plus to this stagnant week, and that was the Holiday lobby party yesterday where we did in fact get a much larger bonus than anticipated. Though it's a little bittersweet being that we have to be out of here by February 15th, and like a responsible human being will be putting the majority of that cash in my savings. Obviously I can't complain, because either way I could use the money - but I long for the day when my bonus can be spent on something for me instead of being socked away for bills and other items necessary for just existing. Among the annoyances of this job situation is the fact that my 3rd anniversary is February 14th, which means at the start of this new year I was supposed to get my 3rd week of vacation and in early fall I booked my trip to Germany for 2 weeks to visit family. More than likely I will have to take 2 weeks unpaid vacation for that trip because I'm guessing I won't have that much paid vacation at the start of my new job, wherever that may be. Bah Humbug.

So I'm still sitting here, in this uncomfortable, posture destroying red chair in this half decorated cube full of useless paperwork on Thursday, December 20th at 11:38am having an extremely difficult time believing that it's not in fact Friday.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Ohhhh life. Well I believe in the power of visualization and, for 2008, I'm picturing huge salaries, kickass apartments, hot single men who actually have balls to ask us out, and jobs that don't make us want to reach for the nearest sharp object. Don't think it can't happen.

nik von H said...

I'm holding on to the last thread of hope, hahah

B said...

I laughed out loud at the flipping over tables and chairs comment- cause how did you read my mind?

Nik mad..Nik smash...

Diana Laurence said...

Barfy years are often followed by great ones. In our family this is the 2002 to 2003 Phenomenon. Z's on the right track, Nicole! One more day, one more day...

nik von H said...

Barfy years! that's the most awesome thing I heard all day....