Monday, March 22, 2010

the tiniest violin

Not to make the already difficult Monday even worse with a pessimistic post, but…

Things that are currently an annoyance:

1. Health Care Reform talk – more specifically, the folks who make outrageous claims as if they can predict the future, or make comments completely giving away the fact that they haven’t even educated themselves on the issue and are just jumping on the Obamacare-will-kill-us-all bandwagon.

2. Moving. Again.

3. People who complain how fat they are whilst eating an entire bag of cheetos and/or eating a ‘mini dinner’ before going out to dinner.

4. The severe lack of sense in 89% of the people I come in contact with on a day to day basis.

5. People who apologize too much and for all the wrong things.

6. Laziness.

7. And finally – the fact that my cousin in Germany STILL has not received the package I sent for my Godson’s birthday (which was last Tuesday). We have now passed the two week mark and I can say with certainty I am never using the USPS to send a package again.

OH! AND people who do their makeup/hair/brush teeth in the bathroom at work. Seriously, I'm in here trying to do my business, I don't wanna sit in awkward silence while you need to reapply your makeup 68 times a day.

One GOOD thing to come out of today thus far is the notification that Wednesday thru Friday is casual dress at work. AND Joey Buona’s is catering our lunch on Wednesday.

Monday, Monday – can’t trust that day.

3 comments:

Miss Organizized said...

I'm going to COUNTER POINT everything you just wrote about! Just kidding :) But I will say that the same goes for those who are jumping on the Obama-will-save-us-all bandwagon. No he isn't Jesus Christ. But no he isn't the devil either, just as Bush wasn't the devil, just as Clinton wasn't the devil, just as Regan wasn't the devil. He's just a politician looking out for his own agenda like every politician does. Perhaps things will get fixed, but history unfortunately tells us otherwise. We all just have to try and stay positive (AND HEALTHY) in the meantime.

I had a mini dinner of children before I went out to eat this weekend.

GOD SORRY I'M NOT A DEMOCRAT! Hahahaha!

Dude you want to know why the USPS sucks...because it's run by the government. D'OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aw MAN! I do my hair and makeup in the bathroom after I run and take a shower! But I try to go in there around 1:30, long after lunch is over when people are done doin' their biznass in there.

nik von H said...

HAHAHA - I will not disagree with you. I think I just see more of the people that are screaming bloody murder about the situation. The people that are against it 'predicting the future' with outrageousness rather than the people for it just saying 'yay'.

I'm just all, "Let's wait and see..."

Well, you have an excuse. I'm just talkin all the old bags in there every two hours reapplying make-up.

I'm using Fed Ex from now on.

Miss Organizized said...

I see a lot of people screaming bloody murder too. I think because if it doesn't get repealed by the Supreme Court (because it kinda was unconstitutional), it'll be pretty permanent. And if it makes things worse, things could get real bad real quick. There are private health insurance people out there (like Nate) who might/will lose their jobs. There are medical people out there who don't like it because it might make their jobs worse. If we lose these people to early retirement or another country, then we have a doctor/nurse shortage, longer lines, etc. Our taxes could go up to cover the costs and less money in a struggling economy isn't so much fun. Maybe it'll be fine, maybe it'll be better, but you know how people are. It's hard not to completely FREAK out when things are already kinda rough in this country. It's a gut reaction. I think it all boils down to this: now we're putting 100% our trust into the US Government. They're going to control our health. They're. Going. To. Control. It. When one group of people controls something so huge, there's bound to be mistakes and problems. The "let's wait and see" approach is a hope that the problems aren't as big as everyone is worried about and puts us further back than we already were. MY personal hope is that I stay disease free and don't have to deal with it at all!! WHOOPIE!

Maybe use UPS? I'll ask Chris which one is better. I think he once said something about how Amazon was going to solely use FedEx and all his packages started coming in wrecked. Although honestly, he uses USPS most of all...it's too bad they sucked this time around! Maybe because it's transatlantic????