Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Why is the cost of living never on sale?

I'd like to see my life on the 50% off rack - or the Clearance shelf. "Attention Wal-Mart shoppers, we have a special on life today, it's 50% off the red sticker sale price". That would be wonderful.

If you can't tell, I'm having issues with how much it costs just to live. I admit, I'm not the greatest with money - and I'm working on finally having some sort of budget to follow. I mean I have a budget, it's just sort of all in my head and not the most stable. But I've been doing pretty good with not excessively spending money on useless things, even moved out of my glorious apartment and in with my uncle for quite some time to pay off debt. But really what that left me with now in my new apartment is broke with good credit. I suppose that IS better than broke with horrible credit - but still frustrating nonetheless.

I think the root of the problem, and what is hurting my dolla situation the most is having to pay bills solo. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE living alone, having my own space and that independence - but it's hard paying rent, cable, electric by yourself. Would I sacrifice my independence to save some money for awhile until I either make more money or enter a double income situation? Sure, that would definitely be the smart thing to do - here's the problem - I literally have 0 options for a roommate at this point. 5 of my friends are either married/married w kids/live with their S/O - one is in her last year of college, living at home and can't afford to move out and another already lives with her sister. Plus, I just moved back out into another apartment with a year lease - so even if something were to come up, I'm stuck in this situation for at least a year.

But nobody really makes bank in their 20's, right? Well except for several of my friends who actually do....it's so my luck to have found my talent and interest in a field where it takes yeeeaaars to actually make what you're worth. Why couldn't I have liked numbers and become an accountant? Or just said screw college, I'm gonna become an AA for some corporation and make more money than my friends that have a degree. Because yes, those people do exist in my life...what a slap in the face that is.

So, now that I'm done whining I'm going to get back to eating the rest of my buddig's turkey lunchmeat and golden delicious apple I have for lunch and contemplate moving to the carribean, living in a straw shack and wearing the same clothes everyday. Or robbing a bank.

No comments: