Wednesday, October 17, 2007

blue eyes blue

It's Wednesday....and I remembered this time.

I've kinda had a rough past week so I don't have much to post about at the moment...but it is did-you-know Wednesday!

SO, Did you know that the prisoners of Alcatraz had the luxury of hot showers to condition them against the cold waters of the San Francisco bay?

Hot showers made the water just that much colder and threatening. It was known around the prison that if you were to get as far as the shoreline, the swim would kill you. Between the temperature and the currents, making it to San Francisco proper was said to be impossible.

I tried to find a picture of a shirt I bought from Hollister long ago that was green and just said "Alcatraz Rocks!" - but no such luck. It was funny though......

No comments: