Thursday, October 4, 2007

what the french, toast!!

I suck at life, and forgot to do a did-you-know Wednesday post!

So - Did you know crayons were invented in New York in 1903?

Edwin Binney and Harold Smith created the first wax crayons. Binney's wife named the company Crayola to come from the French for oily chalk. For a couple of friends who just like to color, the crayon craze caught on over night. Their pigment powder, hardening powder and paraffin wax mixture tickled everyone's fancy and is still kicking today. Crayons seem to have no end in sight, as long as we are using paper. The first pack of 8 went for 5 cents.

No wonder I love NY!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Today is Thursday, which = Friday for me! I'm using my last vacation day of the year tomorrow before James' sister's wedding. I figured it's a good time to use it as we are going to Rudy's tonight...Mexican Restaurant....Margarita's....tequila = not a fun next day, but an amazingly fun night. Plus I still need to go get a dress for the occasion and tomorrow night's the rehearsal dinner so I need time during the day.

Also, nothing happens in October - well, except Halloween - but we don't get off for that. November we have Thanksgiving and this year for Christmas we've got over a week off through work. So, this way I won't have to go too many consecutive weeks with 5 full days.

OH YES, and before I forget - I went to the Maroon 5 concert on Tuesday with James and Ale - it was amazing. Sara Bareilles and The Hives opened up and both put on great shows. My camera died 2 pictures into the show so I ended up taking some pictures with my phone. They're not the best but they work - once I get them onto my computer I'll post them. But for now I'll leave you with this....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The lovely Adam....or as James kept calling him for some reason, Jason.

I have to go poop now.

No comments: