Tuesday, November 20, 2007

ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-chaaaanges

There comes a time when life needs a little fluffing....so to speak. Like fluffing up the toys in a claw machine so you get the chance for something new. Stupid analogy....but that time is now.

Last week we found out that our department is under some serious re-orgs and come February, half of us won't have jobs. However, unlike most - I wasn't devastated, or angry, or confused and distraught. I take this as a sign that I truly am ready to move on, and am destined for something better - something I deserve. The search has already begun! I'm excited about this new endeavor and I am confident that my experience and talent will be an asset to any company!

Now that I got all that said - Thanksgiving is in T minus TWO days! It's going to be wonderful relaxing for 4.5 days and even more wonderful shoving my fat face with all the stuffing and taters I can eat. Then topping it all off with a gargantuan wedge of pumpkin pie and whip cream. I already know what I'm going to feel like afterwards, suicidal - and maybe wish a little bit that throwing up after eating isn't so looked down upon...but it comes once a year people, I'll deal! I don't eat enough of the turkey to fall into a deep triptophan induced coma, but I'm sure my stomach ballooning to the size of a basketball and suffocating every other organ in the area will block enough oxygen from getting to my brain and I'll pass out anyway.

CORNUCOPIA!

A few things I need to mention:

The 19th was yesterday so i guess it's ok for me to get into the Holiday spirit. I haven't immediately shut off The Mix these days when coming across it on the radio - and have allowed myself to indulge in a few tunes, namely "Last Christmas" by Wham, "All I Want For Christmas" by Mariah Carey and "Please Come Home for Christmas" by The Eagles....I can never pass those up. Even if it was June. And I have to admit I cheated and changed my ringtone on Saturday to "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays" by none other than *NSYNC. Seeing the decorations down Wisconsin Ave downtown doesn't make me throw up in my mouth a little anymore - and seeing the cheesy candy canes, wreaths and christmas tree decorations on the light poles in Oak Creek actually puts a bit of a smile on my face. I think I'm ready.

Also, this past Saturday I was introduced to the most wonderful thing I ever put in my mouth (no, not that!). A pumpkin spice martini folks. Sounds a little odd, I know - but it was absolutely delicious. I'm telling you it's pumpkin pie in a martini glass. They even made it with pumpkin vodka and put whip cream on top! It probably helps that it was served by the best bartender I know, my friend Jesse :) - but I'm a little sad it's a seasonal thing! So if you're ever at place where they serve specialty martinis and you notice this one, do NOT pass it up.

And last but definitely not least - if you haven't already heard of Sara Bareilles, you need to check her out. Her music is amazing - and her album 'Little Voice' is only $7.99! Best $8 I ever spent - I would have spent $20. Her voice has a wonderful tone to it and I could listen to it for days - at times it's a little reminiscent of Fiona Apple (but better IMO) and sometimes maybe even Bonnie Raitt. If anything, at least check out 'Love On the Rocks' and 'Morningside'.

With that, I bid you adieu. Hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving filled with delicious food, family and maybe only one or two stomach aches.

So....gobble gobble....with yo big ass forks....

No comments: