Friday, November 30, 2007

ho-down with Beyonce

I'm a little late on this - but better late than never right!

Sugarland and Beyonce performed together at the AMA's this year - and it got one of two responses, people either loved it or hated it. Once I got over the initial shock of this country arrangement of a pop/r&b song - I really liked it. It's really different and suprisingly goes really well together. Though, I'm a lover of all genres of music, including country. Old, new, rock influenced and ridiculously twangy - I like it. So that's probably part of it, however I think people who can appreciate music for what it is can also enjoy this little ditty.



In talking with the girls at work I said how all the mix-n-match of music these days makes me really happy. It not only shows how truly talented musicians are, but that they are also appreciative of other genres of music besides their own!

It's as close to world peace as we're going to get......

1 comment:

Diana Laurence said...

Well spoken, Nicole! I love it when songs are reinterpreted in a new style. Back in the 80s I wrote a novel about a female vocalist who covered "Spirit in the Sky" as a reggae number, and I wish someone would really do that. Anyhoo, I too just love this country Beyonce! Thanks for sharing.