Sunday, September 2, 2007

Ba de ya - Say do you remember....

Ba de ya - Dancin' in September


Great song, great month. It's finally September. While it is a tad bittersweet since the quickly approaching fall means winter's just around the corner - I LOVE fall, it's my favorite time of year. The comfortable temperatures, wearing scarves, specialty drinks at starbucks (pumpkin spice lattes!), Halloween, the smell of the crisp air, the changing leaves - perfect for taking pictures :-)

And may I say September started off with a bang! A good friend of mine from high school got married yesterday and it was a great time. J and I were pretty excited upon finding out the reception was open bar - full open bar! Apparently money grows on trees on the groom's side and they like to share. But I guess the curse that comes with a full open bar is that no matter how hard you try to take advantage of it, you cannot get drunk! It was insanity - we each had like 8 spotted cows and 3 shots in a matter of 2 hours or so and we couldn't even catch a buzz! In the long run I guess that was a pretty good thing since then we didn't have to take a cab home - AND it's better to be unable to get drunk off 938547 free drinks than ones you paid for - no wasted money! But we still danced the night away and got to see some of my friends I rarely get to see anymore. Though, they didn't play the one song I requested :( But all in all a great success. I'll post some pictures when I get some.

Also, my weather widget didn't lie and this weekend has been beautiful - perfect weather for a four day weekend! Ah yes, another reason I love the coming of fall - Labor Day - a mini vacation!

TaTa for now - I'm off to eat a bratwurst....and drink a beer....or 7.

No comments: