Wednesday, September 26, 2007

zwei blogs im eine tage!?!?!?

Ok so I don't know the German word for 'blog' and I probably didn't even construct that sentence correctly - but - 2 blogs in one day!?!!? Sometimes it happens, and really, this blog is about absolutely nothing.

I'm a little loopy at 8:14pm on Wednesday evening. You see Wednesday is taco night at the knights of columbus in South Milwaukee. 75 cent soft tacos, $1.50 hard shell tacos and BOGO drinks, it's been a family thing for the past 2 months or so and in short - our final bill for the entire group is about $5....excluding drinks, and that's for 4 of us. If J comes it's about $7. Dirt cheap! And the tacos are delicious, you'd be stupid to pass it up. A woman we bowl with on our couples league is a bartender there and already knows our drink order when we arrive shortly after work - long island, long beach and a rum and coke. And since she's a friend of ours, feels obligated to make it as strong as possible. No complaints, but a long island even stronger than it already is!?? Buzzed after 3 sucks from the straw. So usually I head home with mom a bit in the bag and feeling good. Tonight I arrive home, flip on the boob tube and discover one of my all time favorite movies is on - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, circa 1990. I dont know what it is about this movie, it's probably just the nostalgia of it all and bringing me back in time to the days as a carefree kid - but it makes me feel good. And as I'm sitting here, enjoying the rubbery turtle costumes, April O' Neil's fluffy permed 80's hairdo and Corey Feldman's voice as Donatello - I can't help but think something's missing. Right, it's my Jack Daniels. Now - I don't normally drink alone, on my fucked up lopsided couch, on a Wednesday night - but this is a special occasion! TMNT is on TV! Plus, the Gods must have had it in store because usually I'd have nothing to mix with the precious last few ounces of my JD - I'm not a soda drinker, but it just so happens that J is. I've got a 18 pack of diet coke in the fridge with his name on it (ugh, the poison I keep in my home for him ;-)). Perfect! The last swig of Jack to celebrate Michaelangelo, Raphael, Donatello and Leonardo in all their glory. J despises Mr. Daniels anyway - it's only fitting to suck down the remaining drops in his absence, right? RIGHT!?!?!?

This is the dumbest blog I've ever written.

No comments: