Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It's Did-You-Know Wednesday!

Well, the first one anyway - I've decided that we need a little pick-me-up every week after two Mondays in a row - hence the birth of Did-You-Know Wednesday. Onward!

In my previous post about Taft's tubby bitchass, I mentioned as a young child around the age of 10 or so I had a book about all the Presidents. Well in my recent weekend visit to my parent's house to steal some food while they were at the Packer game, I found that little lost treasure! Sure enough, the first paragraph in Taft's section mentions the bathtub. But enough about that - I bring you today's fun fact.

Did you know, that James Buchanan (the fifteenth President) started the faux hawk trend? See for yourself.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Pony Express was also formed during his presidency to deliver mail to the west coast. We also found out last year that The Pony Express was also used to deliver black toner to C-K for our printer on the 5th floor (it seriously took weeks!). Rock on Jimmy B!

This post made possible by Our American Presidents: From Washington through Clinton by Joan Bumann and John Patterson, and the ahead-of-his-time stylings of James "JB" Buchanan.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(Please note: this is the shitty version through Bush, I have the better version through Clinton - it was 5 cents more)

1 comment:

JBlades said...

Dude! I totally own(ed) this book too...didn't it have giant type?